Liberation & Love
people dedicated to love, justice, and real
wellbeing—for each other and the earth.
It begins with cultivating a liberated life.
Rev. angel was made
for these times."
a vision and practice of inner change — the deep
personal work that returns us to ourselves ·
as the only lasting path to collective change.
voices on social
even welcome, Rev. angel has insisted
that only by healing the essential need
for belonging that has been corrupted
by racialization and social division,
could we heal ourselves and the planet.
ourselves to find and be love.
or speaking, her voice
- be.ing Transformation, Molokai HIThe Annual 2023 be.ing Transformation Molokai Retreat is now open. Full details on the program website. Apply Now Rev. angel Kyodo Williams’s potent, powerful and proven be.ing transformation retreat will take place for the sixth year at Hui Ho’olana, the “Heart Chakra” of Molokai, HI This deeply transformative retreat boasts a leader to participant ratio of 1:5 for a powerfully immersive and dedicated experience for those ready to come out of the shadows to invest with heart, head, and body in a “nowhere kyodo to hide” container designed to illuminate, heal and transform. Get full details on the website. If you lead big work, are moving big parts, or looking to leverage big potential with power AND love, there is simply no other retreat, and no other trainer and team are completely dedicated to situating you in your full YES. angel Kyodo Williams: Lead Facilitator. Master teacher-trainer & facilitator. Kerri Kelly: Co-facilitator. Catalyst & Yoga Teacher Elaine Margarita Williams: Master Fitness & Alignment Trainer & Coach gina Breedlove: Sound Healing. Medicine Woman, Sound Healer, Singer & Songwriter. your life is calling. are you ready? Find Out More Now: https://www.revan.gl/being23 [...]Read more...
- Embodied Social Justice CertificateGo deeper. For the third year, Rev. angel is co-director of this 3-month online program in which you can join leading-edge teachers working at the intersection of embodiment and social justice to explore a body-centered approach to collective liberation. Two brand new deep-dive tracks welcome past participants for a next-level experience. Register here: https://see.revan.gl/esj-certificate [...]Read more...
- March 2023 half/day SIT + Virtual Sound Bathhalf/day SIT – March 25th Led by Rev. angel Kyodo williams 4 Hours. Virtual. you. your cushion, chair, pillow, or towel on a screen. come as you are. nothing special. not precious. no big deal. There will be two half-day sits to accommodate different timezones: Come to either half-day or both. 1st half: 6 am-10 am Pacific Time (US and Canada) 2nd half: 2 pm-6 pm Pacific Time (US and Canada) come for all or some. https://see.revan.gl/hds Monthly! Add a Soundbath! Rev. angel is partnering with MNDFL to bring a monthly Virtual Sound Bath, which you can enjoy every half/day SIT Saturday, between 1st & 2nd SIT sessions. Virtual Sound Bath Sat. Date : March 25 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET You do not have to come the entire time of either sit. Extended, uninterrupted practice is the intention here, so please come for a minimum of 2 hours if at all possible. If it is truly not possible, come anyway. [...]Read more...
- Embodied Social Justice ChallengeIf you are committed to exploring some of the most pressing issues and questions of our time alongside a like-hearted community, then this Embodied Social Justice Challenge is for you. Free 4-day Event March 2 – 5 | 9am PT/12pm ET Spend each day with Rev. angel Kyodo williams and special guests Aqeela Sherrills, Kerri Kelly, Staci K. Haines and surprise guests. Roots down. Love Up. Register here: https://wizdm.net/esjchallenge23 [...]Read more...
- Mindfulness Intensive TrainingFusing the wisdom of ancients and worldliness of science, this truly modern mindfulness program was designed and forged in these times and realities we face today MIT is where mindfulness & you get REAL. Mindfulness Intensive Training (MIT) is for you if you’re ready to go beyond learning about mindfulness to make it come alive. The only way to do this is in community. It looks like this: 10-week interactive, online program with live sessions led by expert faculty Learn and gain invaluable experience with a small (less than 24) cohort of dedicated practitioners Facilitation by experienced, trained, diverse faculty committed to your development Curated practicum to sharpen your skills & deepen your understanding during the program Practical application for you to gain hands-on experience sharing mindfulness in your contexts Experience and learn the evidence-based benefits of mindfulness Develop tools & skillsets for sharing mindfulness practices with others Observe the intersections between mindfulness, social justice, and more Study the actual science and neuroscience behind mindfulness Understand the ethics of mindfulness that allow you to offer it to others with integrity Apply mindfulness in the real world with your workplace, home, relationships, and everyday life REAL people. REAL practice. REAL life. Register here: https://mndfl.ly/training [...]Read more...
- Roadmap to Liberation“Once you’ve seen it, you can’t unsee it.” The door to liberation is open and there’s no way to jam it closed again. that is, perhaps, the main reason most people don’t open it: we have a knowledge of an essential truth. intuitively, from somewhere deep in our bodies, we know when it is time. time to take ourselves seriously Time to take responsibility for ourselves: our choices, our behaviors, how we show up in the world, and to insist that we show up AS ourselves time to reclaim the parts of ourselves we have left behind for membership in clubs that, in the end, do not return on the investment of that great loss of your truth. Time to stop hiding, making excuses, shifting blame, kicking the can down the road. There will be 6 sessions — 1 Intro and 5 sessions for each pillar of the framework — held over the next month. In the Orientation session on Wednesday, November 2, people will be given an overview and assigned to pods that they’ll be with throughout the program. Program Schedule 4–6pm PT / 7–9pm ET 2-hour sessions Wednesday, November 2: Orientation w/ nykké & Rev. angel Wednesday, November 9: Pillar 1 – Contemplative Approach w/ Rashid Hughes Wednesday, November 16: Pillar 2 – Embodied Practice w/ Jaz Hines Wednesday, November 23: Pillar 3 – Prophetic Praxis w/ adrienne marie brown Wednesday, November 30: Pillar 4 – Liberatory Path w/ Dr. Angel Acosta Wednesday, December 7: Pillar 5 – Collective Process w/ Kerri Kelly Register here: https://www.revan.gl/roadmap22 [...]Read more...
- half/day SIT – July2022Have time to spare for a little liberation? a simple practice of liberation…led by Rev. angel BY DONATION. NO ONE TURNED AWAY. Two sessions to accommodate people in different time zones. Come for both, one or part of one. (Two hours minimum encouraged.) Saturday, July 23, 2022 There will be two half-day sits to accommodate different timezones: 1st half: 6am-10am PT/9am-1pm ET 2nd half: 2pm-6pm PT/5pm-9pm ET/7am-11am AEST (Sunday) half/day SIT _____________________________________________________________________ You will ONLY receive your Event login details a day before the event. (ideally during Friday evening) If you do not receive those emails, please check your SPAM and your PROMOTIONS INBOX PLEASE make sure that you are subscribed to our system as well Questions? We’re here to help. Connect with us : [email protected] (Rev. doesn’t receive anything personally here, but you’re welcome to share and it will be directed to her.) [...]Read more...
- Embodied Social Justice Certificate Program – Meet the FacultyJoin Rev. angel with all other Internationally recognized leaders bring to life a curriculum that spans topics ranging from body shame to abolitionism, from embodied ecopsychology to somatic resilience. Monday, March 28 3-4:30pm PT / 6-7:30pm ET Join the revolution of coming home to deep connection and rediscovering how it can truly transform our lives and the world! Register now: https://see.revan.gl/esjc2022 [...]Read more...
- Point of Belonging: Returning and Reclaiming SelfA Psychotherapy Networker Symposium One insidious by-product of America’s unique history as a nation built over time to have a citizenry comprised of peoples of wildly different backgrounds, is that the fundamental human need to belong is framed, tested and challenged, again and again. Who belongs — and by extension, who one can be, be with, agree with, and love…or should not — has been communicated through history, laws, culture and inheritance. This socially-inherited “politics of disbelonging” puts us in conflict with our innate sense of connection and compassion and corrupts the belonging we yearn for. By drawing forth less-often examined vectors that impact our sense of belonging, Rev. angel Kyodo williams challenges us to disavow fixation on an individual self as the primary source of our psycho-emotional dis-ease. She reveals a stunningly simple, paradoxical antidote: a return to self. Both up-ending and transcending classic Zen & Buddhist-derived teachings, she points the way to a universally-accessible, rigorous, single-pointed and embodied practice of reclaiming the so-called self. Point practices disrupts the disregulation of isolating separation, fragmenting division, and the overwhelm of toxic urgency. In their stead, the foundation of radical personal accountability and acceptance opens the door to true adulting and unfettered love. Click here to Join Rev angel : https://www.psychnetworker.org/2022/ [...]Read more...
- Embodied Social Justice Certificate ProgramRev. angel has joined as Director of Strategic Development for the upcoming Embodied Social Justice Certificate program. Hosted by The Embody Lab, the certificate program brings education and practice together through a substantial curriculum, embodied community lessons, and over 20 internationally recognized instructors. The ESJC goes far beyond “summits” that present on similar themes, but are not connected. Explore a body-centered approach to collective liberation and heal the wounds from injustice and transform social systems in yourself, your community, and beyond. Learn more in our ‘Meet the Faculty’ event on April 1st and join the ESJC journey. [...]Read more...
“I teach only liberation and the path to liberation.”
Formally trained in the Zen tradition, angel’s teaching uses a lens of spirit and dharma to transcend boundaries of faith, color, and class.
Discover More Wisdom
Radical Dharma: Talking Race Love and Liberation
Igniting a long-overdue dialogue about how the legacy of racial injustice and white supremacy plays out in society at large and Buddhist communities in particular, this urgent call to action outlines a new dharma that takes into account the ways that racism and privilege prevent our collective awakening.
Radical Dharma is both radical … and courageous. The authors build upon the growing understanding of the connection between personal and societal liberation. Radical Dharma unflinchingly turns this lens to this most challenging and critical nexus of racism and white supremacy…Take the invitation!
It is a beautiful and rare invitation to listen to how ( the Radical Dharma co-authors) transformed their pain. Some of this is familiar…and some of this, for white people, will be new: What does it look like to truly sit with the pain caused by racism in your body? Radical Dharma demands that we step into the circle and ask: How do we restore our humanity? How do we transform ourselves and the world?
Radical Dharma is a clear, honest testimony of the heart from three leaders of our time. You may not always see things just as they do (I didn’t) or even feel like you fully understand it all (again, I didn’t) but that makes it even more important to read.
It is rather astonishing that the Black tradition of continuous and endless enlightenment in this country produces its prophets as if bad laws, discrimination, horrors of financial inequality and so on, do not exist to blight the way.
“Love and justice are not two.”
How you can actually have that show up in the worldis the tricky part. And it matters.
Create more Justice
“How we treat our planet is rooted in how we treat people in our society.”
Our ecosphere is critical. Rev. angel speaks into the relationship between our social disconnect and how we treat this great planet we all inhabit together.
Read about our Ecosphere